No Fault Benefits
- Private Death Insurance
- CPP Benefits
- Section B Death Benefits
- WCB Benefits
Fatal Accidents Act Claims
- Treatment costs prior to death
- Travel and accommodation expenses for visitation prior to death
- Funeral expenses
- Grief counselling costs
Survival of Actions Act Claims
- Any actual financial loss suffered by the deceased or his estate. Includes funeral and memorial expenses.
Common Law Claims
- Loss of Shared Family Net Income/Support to Dependents, including fringe benefits. (Dependency Claim).
- Loss of Valuable Family Services/Housework, yard work, child care, etc.
- Loss of Future Accumulated Wealth (Lost future savings, investments, and capital that would have been inherited by the survivors absent the early death.
- Loss of Deceased’s Post Retirement Benefits up to end of joint life expectancy.
- Children’s Loss of Love, Guidance, Education, Training, Encouragement and Companionship. (Part of the bereavement claim per 2010 ABQB 337).
- Loss of expectation of gifts.
- “Filial piety” claim of the parents for support that the deceased child would have provided to them.
- Loss of Consortium of Surviving Spouse (May be part of the bereavement claim?)
- Voluntary Services performed by family or friends before or following death.
- Management Fee.
- Tax Gross up.
This Fatal Accidents Heads of Damages worksheet was created by Kubitz & Company.